OUR QUALITY, ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY APPROACH
KAS Research & Manufacturing is in the process of a deep integration with the Quality; Health; Safety and Environmental Management Systems. We have a certification process for our ISO 22716 System audit . We currently run an Integrated Management system which includes ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
We define quality,
from start to finish.
KAS Research & Manufacturing is in the process of a deep integration with the Quality; Health; Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
We recently completed an Integrated Management System audit with SGS which covers ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
We run ongoing internal audits and maturity assessments as well as external customer audits of our facility and systems.
We are deeply committed and totally invested in producing premium quality products under safe, healthy and environmentally responsible conditions through the effective management of quality, safety, health and environmental risks throughout the supply chain.
We embody our vision to do no harm, while holding ourselves accountable for the management and mitigation of any potential impact of our operations on quality, safety, health and environment.
We provide our people with a working environment in which each day is spent safely producing a superior quality product that complies with all applicable industry standards and outshines client expectations.
We live and breathe to:
- Exceed industry and client standards in Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Principles in order to set (and retain!) the benchmark of the Southern African personal, home, baby and oral care industries
- Offer our consumers and clients complete reliability and total confidence in the quality of products through consistency and commitment.
- Provide adequate control of the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety risks that may arise from our work activities,
- Consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health,
- Create and maintain a safe plant and equipment in order to provide safe and healthy working conditions,
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision for employees to ensure task competency,
- Ensure safe handling, use and disposal of substances,
- Minimise waste through recycling and reusing opportunities, as well as investigating systems to minimise or prevent pollution,
- Monitoring, review and improve company systems and departmental objectives continuously in line with client requirements and industry trends,
- Consistently improve the effectiveness and performance of systems against the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 22716, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, SANS 1841 and other relevant legislation, and to
- Review, revise and communicate the requirements of this policy internally and, if requested, externally to clients and suppliers.
Structured for quality
Client Technical Interface
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
A Quality-Driven Mindset
- At KAS, we know our impeccable quality system is the key to our success as Africa’s best outsourced choice for personal, home, baby and oral care manufacturing.
- No effort is spared to ensure that our systems meet and exceed the highest standards. We set the highest standards in the personal, home, baby and oral care industries, to ensure that every ingredient or component is subjected to stringent quality checks before entering production.
Our focus is always on quality, right throughout the production cycle. We engage in unfaltering quality assessment from concept, to inception to the finished product. As for our approach to quality, it is targeted throughout the entire supply chain with an objective of 100% compliance, 100% of the time.
We are frequently audited and benchmarked against global standards by our clients; including multinational clients like Unilever and Loreal. In addition, we are audited annually by various institutions including SGS and Intertek every six months.
Re-accreditation in progress
We are proud to hold the following accreditations:
Standard Operating Procedures driving quality at every level
- Standard Operating Procedures incorporate quality and safety requirements to govern all processes within the company.
- We have a total 350 procedures covering operational and non-operational departments.
- We are completely systems-driven and accurate, continuously improved SOPs are essential to the success of the quality department.
Self Improvement Programme
Self-improvement audits are regularly conducted by trained internal auditors. The types of audit conducted are:
- SOP audits
- Good Manufacturing Practice Audits (GMP)
- Systems Audits
- Hygiene Audits
- Safety Audits
- Quarterly Internal Audits